We have distilled here, for your convenience, some of the best resources the internet has to offer. These are some of the top-rated websites and agencies available, but this is not an exhaustive list, please do not limit your research to this resource. And, as always, contact the guidance department for assistance with questions or needs as they arise.
- College Board: Parents’ Guide to College– A handy checklist of college planning and a look at the best colleges for your major: College Board Guide for Parents
- Online College Database– A website dedicated to helping high school students and their families research and identify campus, online and hybrid learning opportunities that fit their needs. http://www.onlinecollegesdatabase.org/
- College Prowler- This site has a criteria-based college search feature; college “grades” by current students and current student reviews.: www.collegeprowler.com
- My Majors– Students can get assistance with identifying majors that fit them best; along with student-friendly assessment technology and access to information about a variety of majors at a broad range of institutions.: www.mymajors.com
- Learn How to Become- Find your dream career; search career paths and research education options, job details, salaries, and much more! http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/
- RiseUp! Mississippi- the no-cost, one-stop shop to help Mississippians plan, prepare, manage, and finance their post-secondary education: www.riseupms.com/planning/
These sites contain interest/aptitude/assessment surveys or inventories. Some services may have moderate associated costs.
- Career Interest Survey– Free personality survey and career tools will tell you things you didn’t know about yourself and give you some career options based on your personality type: www.edonline.com/collegecompass/carhlp2.htm
- The Career Key – Offers tools for professionals helping youth and adults; Career Key is scientific, respected and unique. Choose your career, major or program that best fits you: www.careerkey.org
- Assessment.com – This powerful career aptitude test will take just 15 minutes to complete. You’ll get a wealth of information to help you find the right job that matches your unique career assessment: www.assessment.com