The Saint Stanislaus Service Program helps students put their faith into action. Students are required to participate in the Service Program each year. Service hours must be completed at a non-profit organization/agency after school hours, on weekends, and/or during summer and vacation periods. We distinguish between two types of service: Direct service and Indirect service.
- Direct service–Working directly with individuals or organizations that care for the poor, hungry or disadvantaged, the elderly, sick, disabled, or individuals with special needs. Examples: Homeless shelter, food pantry work, hospital work, hospice care, mission trips, Boys and Girls Club, etc.
- Indirect service–indirectly supporting needy individuals or charitable organizations. Examples: fundraisers, walk-a-thons, working in an animal shelter or taking care of animals, school/parish festivals or meals, wetland restoration, beach cleanup, bake sales, serving as an altar boy, etc.
You have the responsibility of submitting a “Service Record” sheet signed and dated by an adult supervisor within 30 days of the completion of each service project.
Final determination of direct/indirect service is made by the Service Program Coordinator, Mr. Tim Roberts (email@example.com).
Service Program Requirements
|Students||Minimum DIRECT hours of service||Minimum TOTAL hours of service|
- Summer Service – August 31, 2018
- First Semester – December 12, 2018 (at least half the direct service hours must be completed prior to first semester exams)
- Second Semester – Seniors April 30, 2019 / Grades 7-11 May 15, 2019 (all required service hours must be completed prior to second semester exams)
You must meet the deadlines to be allowed to take your semester religion exams.
You must submit your service hours to Mr. Roberts using this form. Please fill out completely and accurately. Your submitted data will be verified with your supervisor.